Six Popular Social Networking Sites
1. The first is called Facebook. As of July last year, it has the largest number of registered users among college focused sites with more than 34 million members worldwide. Although it is the seventh most visited site in the US, it ranks number one for photos. What makes this social networking site so special is that it generates revenues through advertising which according to some is a little over $1.5 million a week.
2. Next is MySpace which was founded in 2003. According to a study, this social networking site is the world’s sixth most popular English language website and the third most popular in the US. Similar to Facebook, members are able to post pictures, videos, blogs and music.
3. The third is YouTube which unlike the other two only focuses on the uploading, viewing and sharing of video clips. Established in 2005, members are able to upload videos for free and save those which they like in their account. If you want to save this in your computer, there are software programs you can use. The nice thing about this social networking site is that even unregistered users are also able to watch videos.
4. The fourth site is Second Life which is an Internet based virtual world. What makes this so different from the other three is the fact that you are able to create a character and then interact with other members. By interacting with other members, you are able to participate in individual and group activities, create and trade items and services with one another again in a virtual setting.
To date, this social networking site has 8.9 million registered residents with a majority of them that happen to be inactive and some of them are owned by one person.
5. For business networking, one of the most popular ones around is Linkedin which has 12.5 million members. Established in 2003, this social networking site is designed to give registered users a way to maintain contact with people they know so those within the connection can use it to find business opportunities, find jobs and new contacts as well as review or recruit potential candidates.
6. One of the oldest social networking sites around is Classmates which has over 40 million members. Established in 1995, it is a great way to connect with old friends back from high school or college. After so many years, you and your friends have changed and now have successful careers which you can use should you decide to go into business together.
These are just a few of the hundreds of social networking sites around. What makes each of these so popular is the fact that members are able to use it for free and when used for business, they don’t have to pay for advertising. That is unless of course you will be utilizing pop up ads and banners. But the simplest way is to post links to your webpage so members who may need your products or services will get in touch with you or recommend you to someone who needs it.
By your GoodBuddy
Richard La Compte
You may contact me through my Help Desk
***Sorry Comments Are Temporarily Disabled!
1st January 1970 - 12:00am
1st January 1970 - 12:00am
My ArticlesSix Popular Social Networking Sites
What Is Social Networking
Social Networking And Pets
Why Are Social Networking Sites So Popular
The Advantages Of Social Networking
Social Networking Sites As The Cyberfriends Central Station
Christian Social Networking Sites Are The Better Influences For Kids
Open Source Software For Social Networking
Social Networking Sites And Parenting
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Social Networking
Social Networking And Teens
What You Need To Know About The Digital Age And Social Networking Services
What Do Social Networking Sites Have In Common
Social Networking And Religion
Social Networking Can Help Your Business
Social Networking Sites That Are On Top Of The Charts
Social Networking Safety Reminders
What Parents Need To Know About Social Networking?
Social Networking Can Help Get Your Message Across
The Fall Of Some Social Networking Sites
Social Networking Begins With You
Utilizing Online Social Networking In Education
The Many Benefits That Today’s Social Networking Sites Can Provide